Installing JDK, if you already installed that skip that part and scroll down.
1) Go to http://www.oracle.com/ .
2) Downloads -> Popular download -> Java for developers.
3) You need to download JDK, to start downloading you must accept agreement.
4) After you downloaded JDK you need to install it. Bla bla bla you must accept agreement or you can read it if you want. Don’t forget to chose place where you will install it (basically you still could use default setting.) I will install it on disk D looks like D:/Java/JDK.
5) From start menu open control panel, then choose system, you needed for Advanced system Settings, tab Advanced, Environment Variables, create new variable in user variables use name “Path” and go to the folder where you did installed your JDK. In my case its will be D:\JAVA\JDK\bin pay attention it’s very important to copy(Ctrl+C) that path with \bin folder
if you will copy without \bin folder it’s will be wrong you must copy address with your bin folder then in your variable value use Ctrl+V.
6) Then go to your command prompt, in windows 7 it’s will be in Start menu -> Accessories -> Command prompt.
type javac and press enter you will see something like this.
so you done about 50%, My Congratulation.
Installing framework and run first app.
1) Go to http://www.playframework.org/ and download play framework.
2) Then unzip archive which you downloaded in folder where you will work.
Like you did with JDK you need to add in Environment Variables, path to your play folder after …\JDK\bin put ” ; ” and add play path D:\JAVA\PLAY and open your command prompt.
Short guide how to use command prompt.
Name of disk example “C:” or “D:” or “F:” change your disk space.
Command “cd” change directory example cd D:\JAVA\PLAY make folder Play active.
Command “cd” with “..” moving one folder back example current folder D:\JAVA\PLAY after “cd ..” active folder will be D:\Java.
Command “dir” showing folders and files in your active directory.
3) Using command prompt go to folder where your play framework was unpacked, in my case it’s will be D:\JAVA\PLAY. Type “play” and press enter you will see something like this.
4) Type “play new” (your app name) “myApp” then enter full name of project. Choose which template you will use to this app, you could chose java/scala/or create empty project. I will choose java by using your command prompt go to folder(your app name) in my case “cd myApp” type “play run” waiting while server will start. You could find you app in http://localhost:9000/ localhost means that your app running on your computer and :9000 means port with play using by default. So thanks that you read that guide if you don’t like or like it let me know, thanks and bye bye.